Friday, November 30, 2012

Cardinals Champs?


Cardinals Champs?

Author's note: This is my piece showing my prediction of an event in the book The Big Field and why I know my prediction is accurate.

When you first start to read a book, you might get an immediate sense or a prediction of the book, or sometimes not until the middle part of the book. When I started reading The Big Field by Mike Lupica, right from the get go the narrator really gave away some big clues about the story and really put some predictions in my head about upcoming events in the book. I had a lot of predictions about the book, but there was one that really stood out from all the others.

My prediction is that Hutch and his talented team will win the league championship. There are many reasons why I think this prediction is accurate. In this short piece I will just tell you a couple reasons why I know this is a very accurate prediction. A brief overview about the book is that Hutch and his baseball team, the Cardinals are basically in a tournament striving to get to the championship game at Roger Dean Stadium. Where professional baseball teams play their Spring Training games.

I got my first clue after reading chapter 1 and 2. Hutch and his baseball team were in this momentous game against the Braves. They won and advanced into the South Florida Regionals, one round closer to the state finals. The state finals was going to occur at Roger Dean Stadium where the game was going to be on television. So I got this thought in my head about how the title is called " The Big Field" had something to do with Roger Dean Stadium. Hutch and his team might make it to the Big Field, which could possibly mean  Roger Dean Stadium, where the championship will occur.

Another reason why think my prediction is accurate and believable is on the cover of the book. It shows a young boy, who could be Hutch, in Roger Dean Stadium looking at the crowd and atmosphere. It looks like the atmosphere of the Super Bowl or World Series, so I think the image on the cover is supposed to show Hutch at the championship game at Roger Dean Stadium. Based on these clues I think Hutch and his team will make it to Roger Dean Stadium and win the championship.

These are just some reasons why I think my prediction is accurate enough that its understandable and believable. So these are just some clues why I think Hutch and his team will be champions by the end of the book. And don't most stories end with an exciting closing to wrap up the book and is usually the best part of the book?

3 comments: